• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   Audrius ÄŒesonis

Audrius ÄŒesonis

• Standard Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

Ok thats more clear post, but sorry for same question but I still didnt get it, i have to loose it a little bit or take a screws out and rotate the thing inside or that tps sensors just turn around? :D

#32 OFFLINE   BB Baboonface

BB Baboonface

Experienced Plonker

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationChesterfield Derbyshire

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

I think the screw holes in the TPS are slotted, they should allow it to be turned enough to adjust the settings.

Loosening the screws and turning the sensor itself is the way to do it   :thumbup:

EV Rolling, 5 doe MoFo. BOOM! db660081-94fe-43b4-be2b-8d71593b34d8_zps

"Built like a steakhouse, but handles like a bistro"

#33 OFFLINE   Audrius ÄŒesonis

Audrius ÄŒesonis

• Standard Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:38 PM

Ok know I unterstand. I will do it tomorrow, today have no time. I will let you know how its going to go ;) just about ground cable, he didnt sad anythink but i think its good to put on battery or on frame of the car what do you think?

#34 OFFLINE   BB Baboonface

BB Baboonface

Experienced Plonker

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:52 PM

Sure i read of someone using the negative battery terminal, does that sound right? 

Not sure myself really, dont want to let you down after you have got this far, i will try to find where i read that and link it.

Hope this will help to solve your problems, at least if you test it and its okay then you know the TPS is not the issue.

#35 OFFLINE   BB Baboonface

BB Baboonface

Experienced Plonker

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:58 PM

More info here: http://forums.clubrs...ad.php?t=585478

On a DC5 but same principle, posts 9 and 10 say the radiator support, so a solid piece of framework should be okay for a ground.

#36 OFFLINE   Audrius ÄŒesonis

Audrius ÄŒesonis

• Standard Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

Perfect thanks again for everithink, I will let you and all know if its going to help maybe a video for overs guys who is going to do same ;)

#37 OFFLINE   Audrius ÄŒesonis

Audrius ÄŒesonis

• Standard Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

One more question :) on WOT checking the plug has to be inside on the throttle for check that? Or it can be unpluged? If pluged so i need to cut a little bit of cable skin to toutch positive wire is that correct?

#38 OFFLINE   BB Baboonface

BB Baboonface

Experienced Plonker

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

The circuit has to be connected i believe, seen people (carefully!) push a paper clip into the back of the connector where the wire joins the pins to attach a voltmeter, saves shaving any insulation.

#39 OFFLINE   Audrius ÄŒesonis

Audrius ÄŒesonis

• Standard Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:32 PM

ok I will put some small pin in to it. But today after I was checking tps, came on ecu or engine light on and now I am so angry I hope I did anythink wrong to it.... :(

#40 OFFLINE   BB Baboonface

BB Baboonface

Experienced Plonker

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

Oh crap! Worried i may be causing more problems than fixing anything here.

Could be a response from the ECU from unplugging the TPS? 

#41 OFFLINE   Audrius ÄŒesonis

Audrius ÄŒesonis

• Standard Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:41 AM

This is because of tps I hope, because i was testing between all pin and may ecu got falty of that. So going to change back to aem air induction and same time rotate tps and reset ecu we will see whats going to be

#42 OFFLINE   BB Baboonface

BB Baboonface

Experienced Plonker

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:52 AM

Hope it works out, keeping fingers crossed for you buddy.

#43 OFFLINE   Audrius ÄŒesonis

Audrius ÄŒesonis

• Standard Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

Ok ecu light is gone after I reset ecu. Did tps calibration set uz 0.5v At close and wide open its just a little bit under 4.5. But didnt help me. Jerking is smaller not that bad now but still can feel it and now sime time its look like its shoot down the power and back on for 1-2sec so its definetly somethink wrong else.. Not happy at all. Last chance this week service it and need to ask my friend have a look if he will not found than is going to be honda dealer. :(

#44 OFFLINE   BB Baboonface

BB Baboonface

Experienced Plonker

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:21 PM

Damn! Was hoping that would fix your problems, sorry to hear it was not the case  :(

Impressed that you took the job on and made it happen, a credit to you, if you love your car (as i am sure you do) then it will be worth getting it looked at by Honda.

Maybe you could get them to find the problem and let you know before doing any work to the car?

#45 OFFLINE   Audrius ÄŒesonis

Audrius ÄŒesonis

• Standard Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

I do love this car, all the Hondas love :) I have quad as well honda :D i will go there just after service it and checking by my friend. I am a little bit scared to go there because where i am living its very expensive to do it and are very lazy for work but counting hours :) but this will be the last chance if not found a problem...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users