#16 OFFLINE   BB Baboonface

BB Baboonface

Experienced Plonker

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationChesterfield Derbyshire

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:00 AM

Seems sensible to check the basics first, so i would agree there.

As for how dangerous it is calibrating a TPS i couldnt say, but have read a few guides from aftermarket manufacturers and they dont have any warnings about it being a dangerous procedure.

Hope you find the source of the problem, keep us posted, and good luck!

EV Rolling, 5 doe MoFo. BOOM! db660081-94fe-43b4-be2b-8d71593b34d8_zps

"Built like a steakhouse, but handles like a bistro"

#17 OFFLINE   Audrius ÄŒesonis

Audrius ÄŒesonis

• Standard Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:25 AM

Thanks mate. I will keep post if i will found any over stuff or problems, hope its nothing special

#18 OFFLINE   BB Baboonface

BB Baboonface

Experienced Plonker

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:58 PM

Thanks to you also man.

Wish i knew more about this technical stuff, but i hope it is a simple fix for you too, all the best.

#19 OFFLINE   Audrius ÄŒesonis

Audrius ÄŒesonis

• Standard Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

Just replaced ELD it was fun, some think new, but unfortunataly didnt help with the main problem.. :(

#20 OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

• Standard Member
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBath

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:30 PM

I think i had what you describe. I uprated and changed my engine mounts as one was split. This can cause the engine to physically jerk forwards and back as you apply the throttle and let off. Id say check your mounts and get the energy suspension inserts if theyre not broken etc. But if you find a bad one then change it. It hasnt cured it fully but it has certainly reduced the lerchy back lash feeling when pulking away slowly and letting back off the throttle.

#21 OFFLINE   BB Baboonface

BB Baboonface

Experienced Plonker

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:46 AM

I have a sort of thump too, not sure if it is clutch related or a bad mount. The side mounts seem okay, but need to investigate the rear mount further.

That said, the hesitation/jerking thing does not seem related to that problem, more like Audrius' description of a sort of misfire and hesitation, usually only when accelerating gently, and normally only before the motor is warm.

Fairly sure my issue is a bad TPS, and wondering if Audrius will solve his by getting his TPS calibrated.

Have read of people replacing the TPS with another OEM part only for it to be bad from the outset.

#22 OFFLINE   Audrius ÄŒesonis

Audrius ÄŒesonis

• Standard Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

I have some sports mounts, so i can try to put it and check if thats will help. About TPS, yes i need to try to do it but a littld bit afraid to doit by my self so need ask some friends to try. Going today to servise, i will see what he will tell me.

#23 OFFLINE   Audrius ÄŒesonis

Audrius ÄŒesonis

• Standard Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

Guys, pls can any one tell me exactly how to rotate throttle position?? Or show me a pic would be the best.

#24 OFFLINE   BB Baboonface

BB Baboonface

Experienced Plonker

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

Have only read about it not got to grips with mine yet.

All the guides i have seen say loosening the screws will allow you to adjust it, but without hands on experience cant say more than that, sorry buddy!

Best of luck with it, if i can find any more information i will post it up.

#25 OFFLINE   Audrius ÄŒesonis

Audrius ÄŒesonis

• Standard Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:29 PM

Yes I read thats as well but where it is and what part needs to rotate dont have a idea, need to look good for that.

#26 OFFLINE   BB Baboonface

BB Baboonface

Experienced Plonker

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

Okay man, sorry!

This is an RBC intake manifold i think, and a DC5 throttle body, but pretty similar.

The TPS is the black part right of centre at the bottom of the picture, it has a green gasket under it.

8244736315_a46c4cb6a5_z.jpg

I believe it is mounted on one end of the spindle which the throttle plate pivots on, that is how turning it can alter the readings on the multimeter.

Here is a pic of the sort of thing on its own, this is an aftermarket model, but again pretty similar.

blackworks-tps-throttle-position-sensor-

Hope that is of some use bud.

#27 OFFLINE   Audrius ÄŒesonis

Audrius ÄŒesonis

• Standard Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

Thanks man a lot I own you ;) but just to be sure, I need to take tps out and over it is that rotation think yes? If yes, then i will put + in to the harnes and its still going to show me volts? Or it has to be on the throttle for checking?

#28 OFFLINE   BB Baboonface

BB Baboonface

Experienced Plonker

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

Hey there man, glad to help so far, also a little worried about giving you bad advice as this is pretty new to me too!

From what i see most guides recommend you remove the throttle body from the inlet manifold and work from there, have a look at the guide in the link in post #12 it explains the process better than i can! lol!

If you dont feel happy with the idea i should let a mechanic do it, would hate to give you the wrong information and cause more problems!

#29 OFFLINE   Audrius ÄŒesonis

Audrius ÄŒesonis

• Standard Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

Ok, I did tps read and got not good reads, if I did right. Let me know if not. Here is the pic of testing 

Attached File  IMG_0543.JPG   94.93K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0542.JPG   146.18K   3 downloads

It should be 0.5 not 0.04 :(

#30 OFFLINE   BB Baboonface

BB Baboonface

Experienced Plonker

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:13 PM

Hi man, that link in post 12 was not the guide, sorry about that, here is the one i meant: http://www.kseriespa...dtpsinstall.pdf

It is for the K-Tuned TPS but is the same principle, i think you need to have the circuit connected and tap into it to get the correct readings, turn the ignition on to position 1 and it should read 0.475 closed throttle, and just under 5 Volts fully open.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users