Experienced Member

• Standard Member
  • Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:18 AM

Gave it a wash, so thought id put a couple of pictures up

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah, litterally 2 photos lol. It was an afterthought tbh lol. Im going to wash it again tomorrow if the weather stays good and lay down some wax over the super resin that went on.

Iv just put on a nice new red leather gear gaitor and iv ordered a skunk2 gear knob, so the interior shots will be taken once its all done. :thumbup:

#2 OFFLINE   jeunaske

jeunaske

Net-front presence

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:23 AM

I like those side skirts a lot more than the Type-R ones. Are they standard on an EP4?

#3 OFFLINE   RobbM

RobbM

Experienced Member

• Standard Member
  • Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:03 AM

Yup, you know what, iv only noticed over the last couple of days they are different, the Type R ones have a bigger 'spat' on the rear 3/4 dont they?

But yeah, they look a little more subtle. Id just like a rear valance as the rear bumper is a bit too round at the bottom and seems a bit high :thumbup:

#4 OFFLINE   jeunaske

jeunaske

Net-front presence

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:16 AM

Yup, you know what, iv only noticed over the last couple of days they are different, the Type R ones have a bigger 'spat' on the rear 3/4 dont they?

But yeah, they look a little more subtle. Id just like a rear valance as the rear bumper is a bit too round at the bottom and seems a bit high :o

Yeh they are kind of "toned down" from the CTR ones. They don't make your car look like a Type-R. :thumbup:
I guess you have the same rear bumper as I do, and yeah it doesn't look that good especially with the regular rust-steel tailpipe :thumbup:

#5 OFFLINE   RobbM

RobbM

Experienced Member

• Standard Member
  • Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:41 AM

yeah, enough of a sporty look to go with the JDM kinda feel, but not over the top.

Yeah, its basicly an EP1 rear bumper i think.... The back box is a twin down turned pipe jobbie, painted black, but the rust is bubbling a little around the tip of one lol. Its pertty hidden though.

Tbh, i want to loose it and get a straight pipe out in the same diameter then maybe a twin polished tip. Just to make it look neat and not over the top and out of place. Get me some nice whooshy turbo noise :thumbup:

#6 OFFLINE   RobbM

RobbM

Experienced Member

• Standard Member
  • Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:19 PM

Got my skunk 2 knob today in the post, £33 of :thumbup: to my door, was waiting for me when i got in this afternoon :thumbup:

Its HEAVY! makes the gear change super easy though! No more accidentaly cruched gears! lol Gaitor was fitted last week, what a pain in the arse! May take it off again and glue it properly so it wont move. Got to decide if i like the red or would prefare black with red stiching.... hmmm. Anyway, your opinions?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Was quite alot smaller than i thought, still has a good feel to it :o Reccomended!!

#7 OFFLINE   speedfreak-matty

speedfreak-matty

• Standard Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:09 PM

the gear knob is the best, not to keen in the red gator tho! whats the rest of the plans with this car?

#8 OFFLINE   BassKicksDan

BassKicksDan

Deserter :P

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6614 posts
  • LocationOxfordshire

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:37 PM

Skunk2 gear knobs are great :shock: my friend has one on his EJ8.

Personally i think the EP2 rubber gator would look better than the red leather gator. It looks "saggy" in my opinion :( what gator do you get with the EP4 style?

#9 OFFLINE   RobbM

RobbM

Experienced Member

• Standard Member
  • Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:50 PM

Gear gaitor is the rubber one standard on all 3 doors i think. I personally HATE the rubber thing, it looks like someone has just plonked on a CV boot.....

Other plans... not sure really. If an EP3 spoiler comes up for the right price, i may well take it. Then other little stuff like wind deflectors. Flat blades will be going on for sure, these flap about at motorway speeds. even at 60 if its windy lol. Mainly it will be interior stuff, red mats maybe if i can live with the dirt.

So nothing drastic, i considered lowering it, but tbh, it rather keep some comfort and not have to bother getting it back to standard when i come to sell it.

#10 OFFLINE   RobbM

RobbM

Experienced Member

• Standard Member
  • Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Little update on my ride. Got a Type R spoiler a while back, sets off the rear nicely. And todays task was to fit the EGR blank i got from ebay.

Linky http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_1008wt_1310

Seems like a nice thick piece of steel. heavy for what it is, hopefully it'll be up to the job. Noticed our car's dont have an egr cooler as such, like the VAG range do, so should make a noticeable difference, keeping the inlet cooler, and stopping shite getting back around. Also found where the breather starts and end's so il be making up a little catch tank for that. keep the turbo cleaner, and inlet cooler still.

Il get some piccy's up tonight of how it stands. :D

#11 OFFLINE   ali_legend

ali_legend

Project Stealth

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
  • LocationLeicester/Nottingham

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Nice another ep4!!! wohoo lol looking good man :D

I should be getting my EGR mapped out when i eventually get it remapped :) But let us know how you get on with the blanking plate

#12 OFFLINE   RobbM

RobbM

Experienced Member

• Standard Member
  • Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

AAAANNNNDD EML! woop! ahhhaa think iv worked out what is telling the ecu to code though.

There is a little map sender on the end of the EGR and it'll sense higher pressure that the exhaust will be giving. So im going to see if i can find out, what value's it should be reading, and put a resistor over the plug... hmm

#13 OFFLINE   ali_legend

ali_legend

Project Stealth

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
  • LocationLeicester/Nottingham

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

Huh im confused? what you mean and EML? (ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT) but what about it lol

#14 OFFLINE   1qjjogim

1qjjogim

Elite Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

love the skunk but not so much the gaitor mate, sorry :( rest of the car is looking sweet though :P

#15 OFFLINE   RobbM

RobbM

Experienced Member

• Standard Member
  • Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Just saying the EML cames on after about 2 miles and a hot start. just need to know how the ECU know's that there isn't any exhaust gas going into the inlet again.

Iv got a feeling, that the MAP sensor know's there is more pressure when the EGR is open, and because the plate is in the way, that pressure isn't there, throwing the EGR.

I have seen a sensor in the down pipe though, so, there's a chance that is senses the EGT's, obviously less egr = higher EGT. but i would of thought that would throw it into limp home... hmmm

Thanks for the comment's too, love the skunk2, had it aggess now, and gear change seems much more positive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users