Photo

There is a squeeking noise coming from my brakes?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 OFFLINE   Järppä

Järppä

Old fart

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1284 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:19 AM

I am driving with in 1 months and it brakes as it should and still brake pads arent worn out completly.

Yeah, i can't recommend that behavior, because it is not safe to do.

Ofcourse every pads have worn indicator it is for you that you notice when to change brake pads. Indicator has it own job to keep you safe, image if you don't know when your brake pads are totally worn out and you have to do emergency braking?

#17 OFFLINE   civicz89

civicz89

Experienced Member

• Standard Member
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

Just to update, Iv never changed the pads since my last post(NOV), theyv been squeeling the whole time after 3 times of greasing but brakes still work fanstastic.
Will update when I change the pads to see if it is them.

Super late update i know

After I change my pads last year it turned out to be them, I recommend you buy good quality pads to stop your squeeks.

#18 OFFLINE   Filipovic93

Filipovic93

Legend

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3526 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

My right squeaks when I turn left. What could this be??? :(

#19 OFFLINE   rayner_1704

rayner_1704

Expert Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationWakefield

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:09 AM

new pads that's all happened to me

#20 OFFLINE   Sean Laffey

Sean Laffey

• Standard Member
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMeath, Ireland

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Hey guys, I have the same problem with my ep2

heres my story any advice please?? Driving me pure mad! :hmm: :hmm: :31: :31:
Well ladies and gents,

So lately my ep2 has been making a fair rotten screechin from the front passenger side and I cant for the life of me find out what it is. Brought it to advance pitstop in FInglas and they said I needed new disc and front pads and I found that unusual as I only have the car a month and it was fully serviced from the Dealers in Tipp (Denis Kinane ) before i bought it with new pads. Brought it back to the dealer i bought it off in Tipp and they coudlnt source the noise, and the car has original discs from new and new pads and calipers.

When i start in the morning theres no screechin for the first 10 mins or so but the more i drive the worse it gets. Like proper loud and when I brake it screeches and when i take off again. Sometimes the screechin stays up to 50 mile an hour after a good bit of driving.

Braking hard and turning the wheel makes it stop. Am i looking at the wrong thing? would a bearing or bushing make this noise??

Any mechanic in the Dublin area on this site able to have a look for another opinion?? Im in DIT aungier street 4 days a week.

Any info greatly appreciated. Head is wrecked at this stage. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Even if the pads dont need to be changed 50% left would u reckon i change them cause the noise is actually driving me mad. Mostly coming from the front passenger side. Any news? Will I just change the front 2 pads? or discs and pads?? please help!

#21 OFFLINE   chrizzlephaa

chrizzlephaa

Experienced Member

• Standard Member
  • Pip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationHull

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

Hey guys, I have the same problem with my ep2

heres my story any advice please?? Driving me pure mad! :hmm: :hmm: :31: :31:
Well ladies and gents,

So lately my ep2 has......

Poorly fitting pads. I had this with my EBC Ultimax pads- only squealed when warm. The way a friend of mine (Who was a mechanic for 20+years) told me to fix it was filing all the contact points on the pad mounting surface, ie. NOT the bit that touches the disc, down 2/3mm, then grease the bejesus out of them. Worked for me!

#22 OFFLINE   dezmtber

dezmtber

a up pal

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Locationcongleton, cheshire

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

mine squeal from too much power driving :D
Posted Image

#23 OFFLINE   josh

josh

Legend

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2570 posts
  • LocationCo Down N.Ireland

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

When you hear that squeeking on a facelift ep its infact your pads laughing at you as they imagine your credit card being comically bent over and visciously raped by your mechanic as the 5x114 discs are an absolute rip off!!!

#24 OFFLINE   Stephen2529

Stephen2529

• Standard Member
  • 45 posts
  • LocationKent

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

I've just cured this on mine by changing the discs and pads to mintex. No noises at all now.

#25 OFFLINE   christbear

christbear

• Standard Member
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLeicester

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

mine have just started squeaking when i slow almost to a stop, but all pads were only changed October 5th? and done about 400 miles?

#26 OFFLINE   drunknspike

drunknspike

www.prtints.co.uk

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2095 posts
  • Locationmanchester

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:39 PM

Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1403811557177.jpg   132.49K   6 downloads

#27 OFFLINE   HayleyLouise

HayleyLouise

Experienced Member

• Standard Member
  • Pip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:35 AM

New Mintex discs & pads fitted and now mine have started squealing again, only after about 3 weeks. Only happens when taking off and driving at really low speed, very annoying :(

#28 OFFLINE   Sbarrie1992

Sbarrie1992

Established Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:03 PM

@HayleyLouise Ever get round to fixing this? mines just started doing it but i don't think my front pads are new... but yeah low speeds and taking off it squeaks 

#29 OFFLINE   dazep2

dazep2

Elite Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationArdrossan, north ayrshire

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:42 AM

@Sbarrie1992 i had this aswell and my mate whos a mechanic took my pads off and greased them but he sad its cause i hardly use the car that the surface material needed wire brushed on the pad. safe to say i dont have that problem anymore

My Ep2 build thread http://www.epcivic.c...&st=90&p=366078

My Ep3 premier edition build http://www.epcivic.c...in-arran-25614/

#30 OFFLINE   Neil

Neil

Scottish Mod

• 3944 posts
  • LocationDundee/Alloa

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:57 AM

This could be so many things:

1: as above poorly fitted pads. make sure the pads are able to be slotted in to place easily but do not have too much free movement. Apply a strong layer of copper grease to any areas that contact the calliper. DO NOT GREASE THE FRICTION SURFACE

2: Pads being worn. Some, but not all, pads have a squealer arm which will contact with the disc to let you know the pads need changed.   

3: discs are warped. This means that the disc is infact oval and contacts with the pad at certain points in the rotation. Causing a squeal. 

4: Dirt, grit, mess in and around the calliper/pad/disc. Double check that all is clean as can be and in working order. Wire brush carriers and callipers if need be.

5: The pads themselves. Some pads have a much higher metal/carbon ratio than others. Usually found in cheaper pads it makes them last longer. Can also make them squeal. 

I would like to add a caveat on the last point. Some performance pads such as the Ferodo DS2500 will also squeal. This is because their primary concern and in fact design is geared toward stopping the car under harsh braking this means that there is little consideration to the sound produced. My own ferodos squealed when cold, when hot, when stopping. Just about all the time. 

Hope that this helps

PS Anti Squeal shims. Get these to hell. You do not need them. I have never, ever used them and see no need. 

Neil

Milano EP3 R /TegM/ Teishei/ Eibach/ EnergySuspension/ Jperformance/ R8by/ Recaro/ Tannabe/ brenscivc/ Ferodo/broadway/Buddyclub/Powerflex/Takata//Mugen/Enkei/ RedneckRacing [YEEEHAAAW].

Championship White DC5 R /Teishei/ J's Racing/ Broadway/ HardRace/ Eibach/ 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users