weegibbi1400

Experienced Member

• Forum Trader
  • Pip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCornwall

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:20 PM

Hello all,

Im re-newing my car insurance with a companpy (no names just in case) i have it all sorted and it starts this month. i got my paperwork through and it states that my car is a honda civic se vtec sport. I thought it was a civic sport vtec. mines is the one with the Type R style body kit and exhaust as standard. I bought the car off my brother and he bought it off honda as it is. neither of us have changed the bodywork. The insurance company has my number plate and it came up with civic se vtec sport so surely is should be ok. Im just concerned that if i have an accident that they'll say i didnt declare modifications i.e. type-r kit therefore my insurance becomes invalid i'll get 6 points and its bye bye license :thumbup: is it possible that honda sold my bro a ropey car?

Any comments welcome

Cheers people

#2 OFFLINE   LeeCS

LeeCS

Veteran Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1080 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:56 PM

yeah thats right mate, dont worry! lol :thumbup:

#3 OFFLINE   Ash

Ash

I am God! haha

• Administrator
  • 7298 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

http://www.epcivic.com/epinteriors.php

Rockin' a Supercharged 06 NHB Premier R - view
TDi Tuned - 294.9 bhp 191.3 lbft @ 6 psi
JRSC | KPro | Gruppe M | Piper | CPL | HKS | Recaro | Rota | ABP | HID | SFS | JDM
05 NHB EP2 - bye! > 06 NHB EP3 - hello!!

Daily : Nissan Juke Nismo RS
------------------------
PSN : ashpb | XBOX : a5hpb

#4 OFFLINE   weegibbi1400

weegibbi1400

Experienced Member

• Forum Trader
  • Pip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCornwall

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:56 PM

Oh dear, Ash thats not what i wanted to see. so basically my insurance is incorrect. but i dont understand how my insurance company could've messed up when it was them who said what the car was? i told them the reg and they came back with the answer. what do you guys recommend? do i tell them? do you reckon my car is a ropey sell from honda to my bro? come to think of it i got pulled over by the peelers an they said they cudnt find my car on their database! cud this be because of my N. Ireand reg plate? they made me open the bonnet to check the VIN number against the windscreen one because they thought it was a cut an shunt! wud it be worth a HPI check? wud this tell me? :lol: :D :) NOT A HAPPY VTECING SQUIRE

#5 OFFLINE   LeeCS

LeeCS

Veteran Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1080 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:20 PM

that sounds a bit iffy! and the police couldnt find it on the database? :lol:

is yours a 1.4 or 1.6? what year is it? facelift?

you would have to declare the bodykit then as it wouldnt be standard? thatll probably bump the insurance up a bit..

#6 OFFLINE   BaRnEsEy

BaRnEsEy

Forum Master

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6865 posts
  • LocationNorth East England

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:46 AM

hmmmm what does it say on the V5. thats what is normally right. plus insurance companies suck at getting cars right.

my V5 says Honda Civic Sport

my insurance says on the certificate. nothing. just the reg number. but in all the other bits of paper you get with your certificate it says "Honda civic vtec sport"

id get your insurance sorted out. does sound dodgy. maybe get honda to check the actual model for you? try and blag it for free.

#7 OFFLINE   weegibbi1400

weegibbi1400

Experienced Member

• Forum Trader
  • Pip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCornwall

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:19 AM

Its a 2004 1.6 vtec sport (facelift) yea the police gave me right sh*t about it. i was driving past a car accident where joy riders had crashed into a housing estate and they pulled me because "he knew i had something to do with it" when really i had just came from my mates. he had me there for an hour! checked over the whole car for snags and me for drink drugs etc then he told me that he cudnt find any record of my car on the database! i think that maybe because it has a N. Ireland reg plate.

Not sure what it says on the V5. Il need to ring my old man. Im currently somewhere in the middle east on a ship :lol:

Cheers for all the help b.t.w. lads

Gibbo

#8 OFFLINE   weegibbi1400

weegibbi1400

Experienced Member

• Forum Trader
  • Pip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCornwall

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:51 AM

I rung my dad last nite night and it turns out he sorted my insurance for me. The best bit is... NO increase on my premium! :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users