Civic sport rebrand to type S?? Discussion*

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mr_pachinko

Mr_pachinko

• Standard Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:06 PM

Right..don't know if this has cropped up here before but has anyone rebranded their 3 door civic sport with type S badges? Obviously the type S is a 5 door on the EP, 2 litre with not a huge straight line difference between it and a Type R so not really comparable performance wise to the sport- but let's be honest it's ugly as sin and it's a shame there is no 3 door version for the EP- I really like the look of the type S badge and decals purely for the way they look, there is in my opinion something slightly chavvy about the 'sport' badges haha..would this move be such a crime? I'm playing devils advocate here I'm sure some people would hate the idea some won't..I'm not a fan of red H and Type R badges on the sport- i think a red H is a performance statement and something you have to back up under the bonnet- but a type S rebrand doesn't feel like such a lie..though let's be honest i guess it still is haha- anyway I leave this open to discussion what do you think??

#2 OFFLINE   vtec-sport

vtec-sport

Elite Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • LocationStrabane

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

I done it for the first few weeks, I got some chrome TYPE-S decals made for it:
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   nick

nick

Elite Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:24 PM

You'd be better off debadging and having a red H than badging your car up as something it isn't 8-)

So long as you don't put 'Type-R or 'Type S', you're not lieing

#4 OFFLINE   Mr_pachinko

Mr_pachinko

• Standard Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:39 AM

yeah..i think removing the sport badge on the rear is probably the way to go for the rear but the skirts look a little plain with nothing on them..i see what you mean but to me the red H is Type R, thats what it represents whether you have the Type R emblems with it or not so its just as much of a lie haha
the funny thing with the sport is that half the people you meet go on about you having a type S anyway before you correct them- i've also taken my car to 2 different Honda garages and whenever i point out my car they always say 'ah yes, the silver civic type S' haha..duh.
maybe i'll stick to what i have for safetys sake 8-)

#5 OFFLINE   nick

nick

Elite Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

yeah..i think removing the sport badge on the rear is probably the way to go for the rear but the skirts look a little plain with nothing on them..i see what you mean but to me the red H is Type R, thats what it represents whether you have the Type R emblems with it or not so its just as much of a lie haha
the funny thing with the sport is that half the people you meet go on about you having a type S anyway before you correct them- i've also taken my car to 2 different Honda garages and whenever i point out my car they always say 'ah yes, the silver civic type S' haha..duh.
maybe i'll stick to what i have for safetys sake 8-)

Yeah I don't correct them when they say "nice Type-S" haha.

If you don't know about Honda, you wouldn't know the Type S is a 5 door only, some people think the Type-S is only a diesel too!

As long as the car looks good, it doesn't matter, and as long as it's not badged up to be something it isn't.

I'm still tempted by the Red H, but that's only because I want the grille to look a little meaner, not sure of other mods.

Seen a really nice emblem on :? (Mugen RR), but that'd be stolen within a day and not sure if it's even more of a statement than the red H?

#6 OFFLINE   Mr_pachinko

Mr_pachinko

• Standard Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:00 PM

Haha yeah totally alot of people get it wrong- but I can't be arsed to correct people half the time! I love the look of the red H don't get me wrong but I want to have it for real, don't want to spoil it until I earn it. May sound a bit stupid but It's sacred 8-) haha I'm personally waiting til I go back to japan in january and hopefully export me a White proper spec Type R then it'll feel like it was worth the wait haha- until then yeah a mugen grille could work- you can get the one which has the mugen badge on it's own without any Hs then all our problems are solved haha- wouldn't go rr though you're asking for trouble there!

Bb

#7 OFFLINE   monu69

monu69

Experienced Member

• Standard Member
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:40 PM

the new shape civic 3-door non type-r is the type-s

i guess honda learned the error of their ways 8-)

#8 OFFLINE   coco-loco17

coco-loco17

Top Contributor

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5345 posts
  • LocationKdy

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:50 PM

don't brand it as a type-s, like you said people always call the sport type-s and it annoys the tits off me! people call mine a type-s and its a pre-facelift se! same engine as the sports but i get a sunroof 8-)

#9 OFFLINE   NickCTS

NickCTS

Expert Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • LocationBlackpool

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:43 PM

I am seriously considering rebranding mine a type S as my badges and decals are really faded and need replacing. I dont fancy debadging it as (no offence) I think it looks too bare with nothing on. But the type S badge and decals do look good. I like the sport badge but ive always thought the Type R badge looks better, I would never get one but surely a type S badge is next best thing, and in a sense its not a complete lie. Plus I think the skirt decals would look much better with Type S rather then just sport?

As for red H's, I am immune to this rule as I have a milano so I am aloud to get them as they match the car :)

#10 OFFLINE   Jonny_H

Jonny_H

Veteran Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:24 PM

Dude stop being a homo and get Red H's..

Red H's
1) look so much better
2) doesnt mean your re-branding your car
3) doesnt mean your cars trying to be something it's not...

95/100 normal people in the street will not know that only ctr's have red H's, and the 5 people that do know will prob also know that TYPE-S's are only available in 5 door and are also not as fast as ctr's...

and no i wouldnt brand it as a type-s... if anything - debadge it but then if you really HAVE TO(i'm not a fan of this) brand it as a ctr but please dont brand it a type-s...

it'd be like branding a 1.1 saxo as a vtr you might as well go to a VTS... if your going to do it do it properly.

#11 OFFLINE   NickCTS

NickCTS

Expert Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • LocationBlackpool

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

Very good argument / / /

#12 OFFLINE   Jonny_H

Jonny_H

Veteran Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:59 PM

also people have actaully asked me... why i've rebranded mine as a SPORT because they thought it was a CTR...

most people dont know sh*t about our cars...if you have got a ctr spoiler they'll prob automatically think its a ctr anyway

#13 OFFLINE   nick

nick

Elite Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:18 PM

also people have actaully asked me... why i've rebranded mine as a SPORT because they thought it was a CTR...

most people dont know sh*t about our cars...if you have got a ctr spoiler they'll prob automatically think its a ctr anyway

Agree'd!

Pointless badging it up as a Type-S, because nobody knows what the difference between sport and Type-S is, all they know is that Type-R's are fast. Even when I had my 'sport' badge on, people assumed it was a 2.0

Sticking a CTR spoiler on is all you really need to do, to let people THINK you are driving a CTR. The only other dead giveaways really are wheels, brakes (which 80% of people won't even think about) and bucket seats.

#14 OFFLINE   NickCTS

NickCTS

Expert Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • LocationBlackpool

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:37 AM

I have just relised, we were saying about people refering to the sport as a civic type s, I did that myself when I first made my account. NickCTS, civic type s. Oops :)

#15 OFFLINE   Trimmtrabb

Trimmtrabb

• Standard Member
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCheltenham

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:12 PM

Just going to de-badge my Sport , and get the red H badges. Clean & mean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users