satin silver civic- type R alloy refurb **update w/pics

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mr_pachinko

Mr_pachinko

• Standard Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:31 PM

hi everyone- standard question..bought some 2004 Type R alloys off :wink: with 4 almost new tyres on- to replace my standard sport alloys- £180 i was pretty happy but a couple are in bad shape, so a friend (professional mind) is going to refurbish them..but threw a spanner in the works when he asked me about colour haha i was just going to go for standard silver..my thoughts were that by keeping them standard colour it will hold the cars value- but he has offered a matt black, satin or gloss black finish (thinking keep it black or silver to be honest nothing too out there)..cant help but thinking this would look pretty good..what do you reckon on a silver car though??
my current thoughts are 65% go for satin black..35% stick with silver.
any help would be great- or anyone with pics of a silver civic with black Type R rims would be helpful!
cheers in advance

#2 OFFLINE   Ep2Civic55

Ep2Civic55

Legend

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2676 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:46 PM

its relay a 50/50 kinda thing mate if your considering selling the car soon keep them silver if your looking at keeping it for a while then black would be the way to go :wink:

#3 OFFLINE   john_ep2

john_ep2

Established Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

i have a satin silver sport and was going to go for gunmetal (like the penta's) to refurb a set of CTR wheels i almost bought... think black looks too plain unless its really well done, and depends on the wheels too. ctr wheels i'd go for an anthracite/gunmetal :wink:

#4 OFFLINE   coco-loco17

coco-loco17

Top Contributor

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5345 posts
  • LocationKdy

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:24 PM

gunmetal x2
or black but only if its really shiny gloss black :wink:

#5 OFFLINE   Mr_pachinko

Mr_pachinko

• Standard Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:02 AM

daaaaaaamn..never thought about gunmetal..thats definitely the best option haha- inbetween silver and black, win win :wink:
will post pics when they are up..now just got to decide what colour honda H decals i should get..probably stick with red though silver might look good with the silver car colour. Though thats not a big deal lets be honest- easy to change stickers- not so easy to repaint your wheels
:lol:

#6 OFFLINE   Ep2Civic55

Ep2Civic55

Legend

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2676 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

to be honest mate a painted my rota's from gunmetal to red and a found it easy enough hardest bit was getting the shine back into the polished lips :wink:

#7 OFFLINE   Mr_pachinko

Mr_pachinko

• Standard Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:45 PM

well i took your advice and went with gunmetal- looks similar to standard spec but slightly darker- got done at maxpowder in hemel hempstead- cant recommend them enough :lol: they were a real state when i got them off :oops: before the refurb- corroding and curbed to within an inch of their lives haha- but spot on now.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 OFFLINE   coco-loco17

coco-loco17

Top Contributor

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5345 posts
  • LocationKdy

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:51 PM

they look real nice mate, suit the car perfectly! i'm going to do mine just a few shades darker than that :oops:

#9 OFFLINE   Remould

Remould

Legend

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3032 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:30 PM

Ah cool, they look nice mate. Take good care of them and stay away from kerbs! :lol: :oops:

Where about in London are you from? I'm quite often around Uxbridge (A40) area.

#10 OFFLINE   Mr_pachinko

Mr_pachinko

• Standard Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:46 PM

hello mate-

i've seen your posts alot, the mods on your car look insane haha good work! yeah i live in shepherds bush so well in and around the A40 area (unfortunately!) traffic is a fu**king constant nightmare haha, you work / live in the area?

#11 OFFLINE   tonylee

tonylee

Established Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:56 PM

they look mint mate!

thinking of doing the same myself, how they cost u?

#12 OFFLINE   Remould

Remould

Legend

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3032 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

Nah, i live in Surrey but my girlfriend lives in Uxbridge so i am in the area quite allot.... I'll keep an eye out for you. :)

#13 OFFLINE   Mr_pachinko

Mr_pachinko

• Standard Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:49 PM

Hi tony- cheers! Yeah I'm pleased with how they turned out- I bought the wheels off :) for 180 total with 4 almost new tires fitted, thats about average for these on :)- but most come without tires / knackered tyres.. the actual rims were a state though like I said- i Took them to maxpowder in hemel Hempstead and got them refurbished for 180 all in, so 360 total for everything- they even fitted them for nothing. Sounds alot but when you think that 4 (decent) tires will set you back 90 quid a corner it's like getting the alloys for free...suddenly feels like a much better deal! haha

#14 OFFLINE   tonylee

tonylee

Established Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

Hi tony- cheers! Yeah I'm pleased with how they turned out- I bought the wheels off :) for 180 total with 4 almost new tires fitted, thats about average for these on :)- but most come without tires / knackered tyres.. the actual rims were a state though like I said- i Took them to maxpowder in hemel Hempstead and got them refurbished for 180 all in, so 360 total for everything- they even fitted them for nothing. Sounds alot but when you think that 4 (decent) tires will set you back 90 quid a corner it's like getting the alloys for free...suddenly feels like a much better deal! haha

thats quality to be honest mate! i cant decide wether to get after market ones or get typr r / pentas and get them refurbed!

#15 OFFLINE   Mr_pachinko

Mr_pachinko

• Standard Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:30 AM

yeah its a hard decision! personally i'd go with pentas or Type R alloys..but im a fan of keeping things honda standard / oem but thats just me :)
you can get a good deal on :) for a set (though pentas dont turn up often!) and if you come across a set with decent tyres fitted it can work out cheap as well!

keep an eye on these maybe..comes with 4 good tyres-

http://cgi.:).co.uk/HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE- ... 1|294%3A50

also whats great with refurbs obviously is you get 4 like new rims and you can choose whatever colour / finish you like- and the car will hold or gain value with a set of genuine honda (made for the model) alloys fitted! (depending on the colour you go for haha) or you can just take em off and sell on :( when youre done with the car and probably make all your money back (if you treat them good)- and you know they are going to suit the car.
A set of Type R alloys painted white with red H's on your blue ep2 would look amazing- or a graphite grey :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users