NANKANG Tyres? Any good?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   billrawles

billrawles

• Standard Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:07 PM

I'm probably very old and and dull but looking at Johny H's signature there is at least £1000 in mods on that car and the post is how to buy the cheapest tyres?! Sell your number plate and big wheels Johny and put the money towards some really good tyres! :thumbup:

Every-one is entitled to their own priorities in life but where it comes to cars mine is the performance of a vehicle rather than how it looks.

#32 OFFLINE   Roystan

Roystan

Elite Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationBromsgrove

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:38 AM

Is there a cheap alternative to Bridgestones?

I love my tyres, they glue to everything.... but the price is what puts me off when replacing them!

I'll probably stick with them, UNLESS i can fidn a cheaper, but just as good alternative.

#33 OFFLINE   Remould

Remould

Legend

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3032 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

I had the original Bridgestones fitted to my car when i purchased it, but when it came to replacing them i went for a set of Kumho KU31's as they had a similar tread design.
In my opinion the Kumho KU31's are a great tyre for their price, they grip well in the dry, last a long time and aren't too bed in the wet.
The only problem i have with them is that when they are getting near their tread limit, standing water (no matter how deep) at motorway speeds is to be avoided. You'll be all over the road, lol. :)
:)

#34 OFFLINE   bobz_1986

bobz_1986

Veteran Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

I had the original Bridgestones fitted to my car when i purchased it, but when it came to replacing them i went for a set of Kumho KU31's as they had a similar tread design.
In my opinion the Kumho KU31's are a great tyre for their price, they grip well in the dry, last a long time and aren't too bed in the wet.
The only problem i have with them is that when they are getting near their tread limit, standing water (no matter how deep) at motorway speeds is to be avoided. You'll be all over the road, lol. :)
:)

Totally agree with steve here... great all round tyre for the price you pay, but defo avoid puddles :)

#35 OFFLINE   BaRnEsEy

BaRnEsEy

Forum Master

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6865 posts
  • LocationNorth East England

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

yep i have those tyres too.
fronts need replacing soon the tread depths are nearly level but see what the mot says first lol.

£100 for 2 fitted cos they like me, but dunno if i will be able to get into the garage since i got the splitter on :)

kumho ftw! great grip never had any problems round corners

#36 OFFLINE   Roystan

Roystan

Elite Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationBromsgrove

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:39 PM

mmm ok....

I'll have a look at them... might try stick with Bridgestones if I can.
But i'll give the kumho a try first so i can always have an alternative! :)

#37 OFFLINE   yung

yung

EPC Supporter

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Location.

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

Got Nankang NS2s, driven them for about 6k miles and still got like 6mm tread left.

Good in the dry but shocklingly bad in the wet,

Bought a set of Pirella Pzeros next to brand new for £175 so i'll be fitting them soon!

For budget their not too bad, there could be better, but you could get an easy 30k miles outta them lol

#38 OFFLINE   bobz_1986

bobz_1986

Veteran Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

Got Nankang NS2s, driven them for about 6k miles and still got like 6mm tread left.

Good in the dry but shocklingly bad in the wet,

Bought a set of Pirella Pzeros next to brand new for £175 so i'll be fitting them soon!

For budget their not too bad, there could be better, but you could get an easy 30k miles outta them lol

Easily one of the best all round tyre in my opinion... been using these since ive had my EP2, amazing grip levels in dry and wet... cannot fault them at all! Reason im not using them now is because the buddyclub P1's came with KU31 and the pzero's are quiet pricey.

Trust me, you will love the pzero's! :(

#39 OFFLINE   Maxi

Maxi

Established Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationPeterborough

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:19 PM

I had Nankangs on my EP2, heard from a friend they were worth trying...

All i can say is.. Not bad for burning up some rubber, okish in the dry, nothign special,

but when it comes to the wet, the grip is just aweful. as mentioned above, its worth paying a little bit more for some extra grip,
Toyo proxies

#40 OFFLINE   damocivic

damocivic

Established Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:07 PM

where u guys get your tyres from

#41 OFFLINE   jeunaske

jeunaske

Net-front presence

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

where u guys get your tyres from

I got mine from Camskill (http://camskill.co.uk/)

#42 OFFLINE   BassKicksDan

BassKicksDan

Deserter :P

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6614 posts
  • LocationOxfordshire

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:01 PM

Hond-R :P

#43 OFFLINE   connn12

connn12

• Standard Member
  • 72 posts
  • Locationnorthampton area

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:56 PM

i know people have kinda moved off the topic lol but i would never recommend nankang i have them on my rear and as soon as u give it some round a bend your side ways :/ only thing there good for is hand braking!

#44 OFFLINE   Lal B3N

Lal B3N

• Standard Member
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCumbria

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:25 PM

i know people have kinda moved off the topic lol but i would never recommend nankang i have them on my rear and as soon as u give it some round a bend your side ways :/ only thing there good for is hand braking!

Nangkang are sh*t end of, no they are ok or good at hand braking. Just plain sh*t.

A good mid range tyre i know a lot of people like and buy that aint to expensive is a Kumho KU31.

#45 OFFLINE   connn12

connn12

• Standard Member
  • 72 posts
  • Locationnorthampton area

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:17 PM

haha ye gotta agree

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users