New Megan Decat

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   keesrotten

keesrotten

• Standard Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:19 AM

Hi, Jut got a new Megan Decat for my 2005 Civic Sport, haven't got it fitted yet as i wanna get a sim o2 sensor 1st.

I'm just going to run the Decat off the standard manifold and cat back exhaust. Do you guys think the decat will make much difference in power??? or would i need to buy a cat back system too??

Also does any1 have any good recomendations for a sim o2 sensor?? like where to get 1?? or what is the best sort???

The only other engine mod is a K&N Panel Filter.

#2 OFFLINE   EPsport

EPsport

• Standard Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:44 PM

Will make a difference in power for sure but you will benefit in changing the rest of the system as well.

Baffles are quite restrictive in the civics especially at high RPM so a cat back would be a good choice next then a manifold and downpipe.

#3 OFFLINE   keesrotten

keesrotten

• Standard Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:55 PM

dont really want to leave the car too noisy, think it sounds a bit shitty when u dont have the acceleration to match it. Any ideas on an exhaust that would add BHP but keep the decibels down?? or is this just impossible?? havent put the decat on as the cars due her 2nd service shortly and dont want 2 mess up warrenty!

#4 OFFLINE   civicjasy

civicjasy

• Standard Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:12 PM

Hi, I ave a magnex cat back system with a 6"+4" oval tail pipe on my sport and it sounds sweeet! I was worried when i got it because i didnt want it to be too loud but it wasnt, just a nice sweet sound and i also ave an indution kit installed too and they sound awsome together!
I would def recomend this magnex system, i fitted it myself and it fits perfect!
I am interested in 1 of them megan decat pipes now, where did u get yours an how much?
I c yr from N.I. where bouts? Im from oma

#5 OFFLINE   Nickyboy

Nickyboy

Expert Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:41 PM

he bought it from me, i bought it from :D.com for about £120 delivered

#6 OFFLINE   civicjasy

civicjasy

• Standard Member