#1 OFFLINE   bobz_1986

bobz_1986

Veteran Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:11 AM

Hi fellow members, i thought i would share some info with you about main beam bulbs (the one you use to flash people with or use on a dark country road)

As for many people, i guess you all have upgraded to some sort of hid kit or similar therefore when you use your flash, you have your dipped beam which is a bluey white and then your main beam in yellow.

Yes i know how it feels, it looks horrible... so the way to go is to change your main beam bulb to a xenon white bulb...

I have to warn you tho, its not as easy as changing your side lights or dipped lights... on the EP2, you have to take the battery out in order to get the main beam bulb out of the driver side so its not a 5min job...

The bulb you need is a HB3/HB3U.... make sure you dont get the HB4 because theres a difference. Both bulbs are the same fitment but the HB4 has a cap on the tip of the bulb so its not as bright therefore it will affect the use of the main beam.

Heres a link where i bought mine...

http://cgi.http://epcivic.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/icon_ebaylogo.gif.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Hope this info is useful, im sorry if this is another repeat thread...

Thanks

Bobby

#2 OFFLINE   martinj46

martinj46

Veteran Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:21 AM

I went to my local car shop last year to get uprated bulbs, and their book said it was HB3/HB4 fitment. They didn't stock performance HB3, so I took the HB4, only to find not only the cap mentioned above, but the fitment was actually different aswell?!

#3 OFFLINE   yung

yung

EPC Supporter

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Location.

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:02 PM

I recommend Osram Cool Blue

Their not the whitest but their near white and the bulb tint isn't opaque blue but subtle which is cool :thumbup:

#4 OFFLINE   S77LTD

S77LTD

Veteran Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1971 posts
  • LocationKidderminster

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:24 PM

you dont need to take the battery out, u just neeed a short screwdriver

#5 OFFLINE   sneeker

sneeker

Experienced Member

• Standard Member
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

I just about managed to change the hb3 main beam bulbs without removing the battery, I did loosen it though and slide it to the back edge of the tray, gives about another cm of space, then I could just get my hand down to change the bulb, my hand was rather red and scratched afterwards though :thumbup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users