2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wingmanz

wingmanz

• Standard Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:29 PM

Hi guys! Greetings from Bulgaria!
I own an EP2 pre-facelift, the previous owner has fitted FK Coilovers set. The car is not too lowered due to the roads condition here, but when I took it to the alignment shop, i wasn't happy at all.
The suspension set came with camber bolts, but even with them the guys couldn't achieve more than +0,5° in the front, while the rear sits at -2,5°.
I've ordered adjustable camber arms and camber
plates from ebay (still not fitted) in order to get the front to negative, and straighten the back a bit.
The rear end is no issue, but for the front i have multiple questions in my mind, and before I put everything on the car and take it 4 wheel alignment I have to be sure that i know everything is done correctly (the alignment shops in Bulgaria are very clumsy and if there is any reason that could screw the alignment it will be their excuse not to do the job properly)

Q1: Should I remove the lower camber bolts, and install ONLY the camber plates, or the camber bolts shoud remain and do the alignment two-way - first from the camber bolts to achieve even camber, and then from the plates to achieve the wanted numbers? I am not sure if its possible to fit solid bolts with non-excentric washers on the struts BTW?

Q2:What is the best setup for camber and toe for normal driving, without excessive tyre wear, but keep the good handling? I was thinking about
-0,5° front and back, what about the toe? Any opinion will be helpful! My summer tyre set is 17" 205/45.

Q3:I have Ep3 anti-roll bars, is it a good mod and what difference to expect?

Thanks in advance!
Martin.

Attached Files

#2 OFFLINE   brandonmx

brandonmx

• Standard Member
  • 20 posts
  • Locationnetherlands

Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:04 PM

In therms of front camber, the eps generaly dont get a lot of camber, even with camberplates. I would give the car a little toe out in the front because that makes the car more responsive on turn in not to much since then it wants to get u of the road haha JDM ep3 arb is one of the best things to do makes the rear stiffer front i would not do since it makes it handle worse imo

#3 OFFLINE   wingmanz

wingmanz

• Standard Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:07 PM

Unfortunately I have the Euro Type-R set, will fit them and see :D
I don't want much front camber, just to go a but negative, cause now looking from side the front looks like \-/ and annoys me a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users