recaro resistors installed

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   salty500

salty500

• Standard Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:33 PM

well me and my dad have installed the recaro resistors to my car, here are the pics of what we did.

1, got resistor kits 1 for each seat thanks to NHBANDYD for finding them and informing us all about there existance :D.
Posted Image
2, as my seats where already installed by the previouse owner we only needed to look at these 2 parts of the instalation diagram, shown here.
Posted Image
3, We disconnected the cars battery and waited 10 mins, we then located the yellow honda block conencted to the car from under the seats. (note we didn't need to touch the wires comming from the drivers seat as this is now inactive.
Posted Image
4, We then took off the yellow honda blocks and stripped back the wires connected to the car. (note we didn't touch the brown seatbelt connector and plugged this back in once everything was done)
Posted Image
5, we then crimped on the new female spades supplied with the resistor kit and inserted them into the new recaro block (see fig 3)
Posted Image
6, We then connected the recaro resistor block into the newly connected recaro block (see fig 4) and reconnected the cars battery.
Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Ash

Ash

I am God! haha

• Administrator
  • 7298 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:07 PM

did you try resetting it with a paper clip?

Rockin' a Supercharged 06 NHB Premier R - view
TDi Tuned - 294.9 bhp 191.3 lbft @ 6 psi
JRSC | KPro | Gruppe M | Piper | CPL | HKS | Recaro | Rota | ABP | HID | SFS | JDM
05 NHB EP2 - bye! > 06 NHB EP3 - hello!!

Daily : Nissan Juke Nismo RS
------------------------
PSN : ashpb | XBOX : a5hpb

#3 OFFLINE   salty500

salty500

• Standard Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 02:09 PM

no, how do you do that ?

#4 OFFLINE   Ash

Ash

I am God! haha

• Administrator
  • 7298 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:16 PM

you have to pull down the fuse panel in the drivers footwell

From an american site but the panel looks the same i think
Posted Image
^^ MES Plug ^^

BTW: You dont need a SCS Service Connector, a paper clip bent into a 'U' shape is what i used, make sure the lengths are the same as you need to plug each one into the yellow plug at the same time to complete a circuit.

It is a yellow connector with two wires in it that is plugged into the fuse box, unplug it and pull it down. Once you have done that you can begin the process of erasing the memory. NOTE: This will only reset your SRS System if what caused it to trigger has been fixed, Ex: turning the ignition on with any SRS Plugs disconnected, such as pulling your seat out.

1st step in erasing the memory is to turn the ignition off and connect the SCS Service connector to the MES Plug,

2nd Turn Ignition on. SRS indicator light will come on for about 6 seconds then go off.

3rd Disconnect SCS service connector for MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS indicator light goes off. SRS indicator light will come on again.

4th Reconnect SCS service connector the MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS light comes on. SRS indicator light will go off.

5th Disconnect SCS service connector from MES connector within 4 seconds. SRS indicator light will indicate that memory is erased by blinking 2 times.

6th Turn ignition off, and wait 10 seconds. Start vehicle like normal and light should come on and go out like normal. You have reset your SRS light, congrats.

If it does not work the first time try it again, the timing has to be perfect.

JRSC | KPro | Gruppe M | Piper | CPL | HKS | Recaro | Rota | ABP | HID | SFS | JDM

------------------------

#5 OFFLINE   fico

fico

• Standard Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:46 PM

i couldnt reset my light with the paper clip method but i was probably doing it wrong, its hard to watch the light and the wire at the same time

#6 OFFLINE   salty500

salty500

• Standard Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:34 PM

ok cool will give it a go

#7 OFFLINE   Deano

Deano

Expert Member

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:48 PM

ive reset my airbag light many a time with the paper clip method. its a bit back-breaking as the yellow plug is in a very awkward place, you have to lie on your back with your legs hanging out the car lol and theres so many cables its very hard to even see the yellow plug.

i had to unclip 2 of the main wire looms that come from the dash just to fing the yellow plug.

if you have any trouble doing it just give me a shout, also it'll save you £85.

#8 OFFLINE   Ash

Ash

I am God! haha

• Administrator
  • 7298 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:11 AM

i always found the hardest thing was putting the bolt back in that holds the fuse pannel inside the dash!

------------------------

#9 OFFLINE   salty500

salty500

• Standard Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:20 AM

Succses ! followed the instructions and the airbag light now stays off :D , defernatly a 2 man job, 1 to do the paperclip work and the other to watch the light. thanks everyone for there help, btw stickying this thread myight be an idea :D

#10 OFFLINE   Ash

Ash

I am God! haha

• Administrator
  • 7298 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:05 PM

what did you strip back the wires on?

the cable connected to the car
the cable connected to the seat
or the recaro plug?

------------------------

#11 OFFLINE   salty500

salty500

• Standard Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:09 PM

stripped back the cables connected to the car mate. didnt need to touch the seats .

#12 OFFLINE   Ash

Ash

I am God! haha

• Administrator
  • 7298 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:53 PM

stripped back the cables connected to the car mate. didnt need to touch the seats .

oh right, will have to sort this out then on mine, but does it mean once done you wont be able to put the old sport seats back in? if for some reason i took the type r ones out?

where did you get the recaro plugs from?

------------------------

#13 OFFLINE   BaRnEsEy

BaRnEsEy

Forum Master

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6865 posts
  • LocationNorth East England

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:56 PM

just cut the plug off then when u come to fit the old seats, sort out the wire and re solder the plug back on for the original seats... thats what i would do.

#14 OFFLINE   salty500

salty500

• Standard Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:12 PM

no the kit comes with connectors to cap off the old seats with new recaro fittings so if u put them pack in u can just plug them in :D it has instructions on how to do that with the recaro kit :D
Posted Image

#15 OFFLINE   BaRnEsEy

BaRnEsEy

Forum Master

• Standard Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6865 posts
  • LocationNorth East England

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:46 PM

thats on the seat not on the actual car. if the bags unpluged it shouldnt go off anyway?

but you stripped the wires and what not :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users